Benefits to L.A.
It’s jobs. It’s a long-term boost to our economy. It’s a state-of-the-art facility in downtown L.A. Building Farmers Field and expanding the convention center is good for Los Angeles no matter how you look at it. Here are the facts.
Additional Facts and Benefits for Los Angeles
An Economic Boost for All Angelenos
- The project would create between 20,000 and 30,000 temporary and permanent living wage and union jobs. Those jobs would be everything from construction and hospitality to stadium operations and convention center event management.
- $1.9 billion in output and support into the community.
- $378 million in direct expenditures into the Los Angeles economy.
A Top-tier Convention Center Right in L.A.'s Downtown
- The upgraded convention center with increased exhibition space would propel Los Angeles to #5 in U.S. convention centers compared to #15 now.
- An expanded convention center could mean at least 80 annual booked event days in downtown L.A.
- The new Event Center would have a total of 1.7 million gross square feet and a roof.
A Bigger Entertainment Draw
- The complex can serve as the home field for four teams simultaneously.
- A state-of-the-art Farmers Field would allow Los Angeles to attract major events such as the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, NCAA Final Four, Rodeos, Motor Cross, other collegiate championships and Olympic Games among others.
Smarter Development and Proven Traffic Management
- Farmers Field's location will utilize existing infrastructure and investment already made to service the region.
- The project is convenient to and accessible by three major metro rail lines (red/purple line, blue line, and exposition line), and further provides connectively to Union station; the remainder of the Metro Bus and rail system; and other local and regional transit operators including the 40 bus routes that directly serve the site area.
- The project site is also served by more than 20 freeway interchanges and 4 major freeways.
- The new facilities will continue using the successful traffic and parking model employed by STAPLES Center, L.A. LIVE, and the Los Angeles Convention Center to manage traffic and parking. This is a proven model to accommodate large events.
- There are currently approximately 32,000 parking spots within a 15 minute walk of Farmers Field and 10,300 of them are onsite!