We're working to build a state-of-the-art sports stadium, entertainment, and premier convention center in downtown L.A. by 2016. The Farmers Field project will create jobs for our community, boost our economy, and finally bring NFL football back to our city.
Farmers Field Location
Who Is Involved
Project Manger: ICON Venue Group, LLC
Design Firm: Gensler
- Seats: 68,000, expandable to 78,000 for special events like the Super Bowl or NCAA Final Four
- Location: Downtown Los Angeles at the current West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, alongside the STAPLES Center and L.A. Live.
- Size: Total new Event Center would be 1,700,000 gross sq. ft. with a retractable roof.
- Funding: $1 billion investment for the development of Farmers Field, all privately funded (this means no debt for the City of Los Angeles).
- Parking: 32,000 parking spaces within a 15-minute walk to Farmers Field are already in operation.
- Traffic: To limit congestion, Farmers Field will utilize four freeways and over 20 interchanges (on/off ramps), and continue to use the successful traffic and parking model employed by STAPLES Center, L.A. LIVE, and the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Our Vision for the Stadium and Convention Center
Attract the most iconic events
- Biggest and best domestic and internal conventions that attract thousands of visiting attendees annually.
- Sporting and entertainment event that showcase the best athletes and stars.
- Finally bringing the best game in America — professional football — back to L.A.
Redefine the LACC product to attract the biggest and best conventions
- Contiguous hall space is critical to the success of exhibits and tradeshows. This is our chance as a City to fix the LACC once and for all.
- Increased square footage
Retain existing business
- Remodeled New Pico Hall with be open before the West Hall is constructed into Farmers Field making sure that no events currently booked are disrupted.
Adhere to our environmental standards and guidelines
- AEG strives is committed to making Farmers Field one of the most environmentally friendly stadiums in the world.
Sign up to receive updates and be the first to know about key milestones.
When completed, Farmers Field and the expanded convention center will immediately position downtown L.A. as one of the nation’s premier destinations for sports, entertainment, and conventions.
Farmers Field allows Los Angeles to finally compete for many of the top 50 conventions the current Los Angeles Convention Center is too small to host. The dramatically improved event space will attract an estimated 80 annual event days and increase economic activity in the downtown core.
The Los Angeles Convention Center currently ranks 15th in the United States by size, However, with the addition of Farmers Field and the New Pico Hall, the LACC would be in the top 5 in the U.S.
Our entire city will benefit from higher hotel occupancy rates, more jobs, and better access to important, innovative industry events.